Monday 20 July 2020

What started off as a trip to do some photography in the dark ended up not going past sunset at St Monans, the plan was to photograph the windmill in the dark and maybe do a bit of painting with light but when we ( we being Spud and myself  ) got along to the windmill we found the sails have been removed so it's just a tower now ( seriously disappointed doesn't cover it  ) had a scout about and decided we needed a plan B. NOT doing the BLOCKS / SQUIGGLY PIER what ever you want to call it so we decided on the near by ruined Newark Castle, by the time we got along we had maybe 20 minutes to try and salvage the trip before we lost the light, first stop was the Doo Crib as it was still in full light


As you can see, at this point I was in some long grass, not a good place to be. I caught up with Spud at the castle but he was having some camera /card issues  and I was paying the price for being in long grass but you gotta do what you gotta do but by the time we had decided what we were going to do the sun had gone too low, I don't think my pal would have got any decent images, ( I heard him using some fine Scottish adjectives  ). It was back into the long grass for me for one more before we went home from what could only be described as not one of our better trips


But it was good to get back out after lockdown 

               Rab .K

No comments:

Post a Comment