Monday 26 November 2018

Loch Tulla Drive-by

My friend, hillwalker, V-blogger and photographer Ray Smith AKA The Renegade Scot told me this might be a good location for photography and although I've been to Loch Tulla numerous times ( coz it's a great place to photograph ) I've never taken this particular trail ( just past the bothy and head into the hills ). When you drive past the bottom end of Loch Tulla and into the Clashgour Estate the first thing you see is 


to get photographs of this you need to be on the other side of the river, which for Spud it was no problem ( Wellies ) for Rab ( boots ) water too deep so I made my way along the estate track as far as the green bothy and set up for my next "masterpiece", the weather forecast said light cloud with a breeze, as you can see from the above image light cloud for the BBC must mean something different, the breeze wasn't breezy enough to disperse the light cloud so we had it all day, but it's great for mono images, back to the green bothy



Played about here until Spud appeared all smug coz he got across the water to shoot the trees on the hill, yea whatever, only took three images all day and two of them were here, from the bothy turn 180 degrees and cross a wee burn and :-


As recommended by Ray I took the trail into the hills and Spud chose to stay and wait for better light, the trail follows the burn with lots of rocks, trees and segments of broken wall but be careful where you put your feet, I paid the price for looking and walking at the same time and ended up flat in a rather wet and muddy section of footpath, I have to say I left some prime adjectives on the trail and they will probably still be there buzzing about like a swarm of flies wondering what just happened, never mind wet and covered in mud, onwards and upwards and it was really worth it, low cloud in the valley between the hills  ( which never went away ) and the occasional breakthrough of sunlight through the light cloud STUNNING 


We called it quits around 1'o' clock, 5 hours, 3 photos, not a bad day

I think with snow on the ground this place will be unbelievably picturesque so I will return.
Bring on the snow - Thanks Ray
     
                                                                          Rab.K



No comments:

Post a Comment